3/2/08

new carpet


I could not be more excited right now. We are getting new carpet in the living/dining room. I have hated the ugly, brown, old carpet since we bought the house. We were lucky that the rest of the house had nice hard wood floors under existing. I was so disappointed when we saw that the living room only had three strips of hardwood on one side. I'm not really sure what happened there. I guess maybe they ran out of money or something. Anyway, yesterday we went and picked out our new carpet/laminate (that will go underneath the table). Hopefully they will be installing the new flooring this week. It will make the living room seem so much cleaner. It was really really difficult for me to just sit back and not be able to really do anything. I really appreciated my mom coming over to lend a hand to Tommy. I don't know what we would do without her! Even one of the neighbor's helped to move a couch. I got in "trouble" for trying to lift something. It really wasn't that heavy. For now our things are scattered throughout the house and in the garages/basement. Thankfully we still have a spare room we can cram full of stuff. I got a little nervous when the TV and Internet were not working. My hubby came to the rescue and got a temporary set up for me. I told him that I can't sleep without my TV.

0 comments: