3/26/08

life, angel, hope


Here is a not so good picture of the bracelet I made for myself yesterday. While searching for something to help me to cope I kept running across different "memorial" items. I saw some bracelets similar to this one and immediately pulled up my favorite bead website and ordered what I needed to make one for myself. I tweaked the design to fit my style. The beads and crystals represent the journey that I had with my pregnancy. The first bead represents December the month that we created "life". The second bead represents March the month our baby became an "angel". The last bead stands for September the month that we "hoped" to complete our family. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I love how simple it is. I have made so many "name" bracelets for different moms in the past year. This is a different twist on a "mom" bracelet. It is a little daily reminder of the time I was blessed with to carry my child.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

It turned out beautifully.

Bri said...

Oh, what a beautiful idea. I absolutely love the "life, angel, & hope".

To remember our child, I went to a pottery place and made an ornament for our Christmas tree. Knowing that Gabe will always have ornaments, I wanted something special for the daughter we lost. My sister in law also gave me a beautiful angel ornament.

I really think it helps to have something to hold on to. Something that ties us to that child in a physical sense. I don't know if I'm explaining that right or not!

I'm so glad you found something special to you.

I also wanted to tell you of 2 books I read:

The Wounded Woman by Dr. Steve Stephens and Pam Vredevelt (some parts about past hurts aren't really relevant, but I still found a lot of helpful info)

Empty Arms by Pam Vredevelt

I really found these to be helpful. If you are interested in borrowing either of them, just let Kimberly know & I'll get them to her.

Take Care,
Bri