3/27/08

my furry best friend

This is the face that I wake up to most mornings. Tommy heads out the door before 1:30 am. Once he leaves Barbie always wants to snuggle even closer to me. That generally means that I get to share my pillow. I have never been too keen on sharing my pillow with anyone. Even now if Tommy is laying on "my" pillow I take it from him. I don't know why but I don't mind sharing with her. Sorry, Tommy. Once in a while she will take up so much room that I try to move her. I usually get a good growl out of her letting me know that she is not too happy with the move. Her other favorite spot to sleep is under the covers. She will burrow her way down to the bottom of the bed and lay right next to our legs. I never thought I would be one of "those" people who let their dog sleep with them. Funny how things change. The truth is that when she isn't there I kind of miss her. I have really appreciated her company the past two weeks. She doesn't understand why I'm crying but she seems to know that she needs to comfort me. I have spent a lot of time just holding her. Matter of fact, as I type this she is in my lap...

1 comments:

S. said...

I hear you on the not wanting to share your pillow thing. I do the same thing with my husband, and if he's been using my pillow and making it WARM, I get so mad. My pillow has to be COOL. I don't know why I am so picky about that, but I am.

Your dog is so cute. Amazing how perceptive they are, isn't it? Man's best friend, indeed.