4/28/08

afternoon on the farm


Yesterday my great uncle Butch called me to see if I would visit him sometime soon to take pictures. Tommy was out turkey hunting (this is his first year and he got one today!) so I told him that we would come out once he got back in. We headed out after lunch. Butch walked around with us and pointed out the things he wanted me to capture. I snapped a few here and there that he didn't point out as well. He is hoping to use a picture or two for Christmas cards. It was interesting to learn about the variety of plants he has. He told me that he took a botany class at Greenville (he was a Business major) and really enjoyed it. He and his late wife always planted a large and very productive garden and beautiful roses. They won many ribbons at the local county fair. While we were walking around it was evident that he misses getting out and working with the plants. We really enjoyed our afternoon and I hope to go back soon. I hope that the pictures I took can bring a little bit of joy to him. It made me appreciate being young and able to do the things that bring joy to my life. Sometimes we need those little reminders.

0 comments: