2/18/08

new car


Tommy and I have been "looking" for a new car for a while now. We have talked about so many different ones. One of my co-worker's husband works part time for the dealership next to my office. She had mentioned this PT Cruiser to me. I'll be honest when they first came out in I think '01 I really didn't like them. Actually until I drove this one I still thought they were kind of ugly. Dennis brought it to us last Saturday to test drive. As soon as I sat in it I told Tommy that I wanted it. It is one of the first cars that I have sat in that I didn't feel swallowed up by. Being 4' 11 1/2" makes it difficult to see out of many vehicles that sit low to the ground. My first little red car sat really low. As a joke my grandma made me some pillows to sit on. I was excited and actually used them when I drove long distances. The PT Cruiser's seats sit higher up and the driver's seat even raises up more. I am happy to report that I don't even need to up that feature!! We drove it over the weekend and debated, Blue booked it, looked at other cars online and debated some more. By Sunday night I called Dennis and told him that we wanted to talk to the finance guy at the dealership. Tuesday after work we went and signed the papers. Whew. I'll admit I didn't get much sleep on Sunday night worrying about the decison.
Now that it is a done deal I'm so happy that we did it. I love the car. I love the way it drives and I even love the way it looks. I guess that it is one of those things that you don't know you like it until you try it. I'm telling you don't judge a book by it's cover. This car is not an "old person's" car. It has all sorts of extra's such as leather interior, heated seats, a navagation system and many more. I must say that I love the "butt warmer". The cold days we have been having have made having that feature very nice. It is just nice to have 2 nice vehicles now that we are starting a family. For now "Lil Jes 3" sits and waits for a new owner. Actually Tommy has still been driving it to work. I think he'll kind of miss it. It is has been a super great car and I will miss having it around as well.

1 comments:

kimberly said...

I'll admit that I liked the PT Snoozer too. Whoops, I mean PooPoo Cruizer.... Erm...

Seriously though, glad you've got yourself a reliable safe car. Even if it is a PT Loser. Ha...just kidding.