9/8/09

labor day weekend


Tomorrow the wee one turns 4 months old. She had a Dr's appointment last Friday and weighed in at a whopping 11 pounds and is 23.5 inches long. She is momma's little bit. We had a pretty good labor day weekend. My 29th birthday was the 4th. Tommy grilled some yummy pork steaks and we had my family over for supper. Saturday we went to visit Kimberly, Josh and Jasper. It was a really good visit and we even got to spend some time with Kimberly's awesome parents. I only wish we lived closer because our time is always cut short with them. Kimberly was able to take some amazing pictures of Lucy. I have only seen two so far and all I can say is wow. Lucy did very well on the two hour trip up and back. The rest of the weekend was spent pretty close to home. We did hit one of the neighboring town's Labor Day celebrations.

Lucy was pretty fussy this weekend. I'm guessing the shots did not settle well with her this time. Also, I think the tooth is starting to move again. Those two things combined made for a unhappy baby. I spent a lot of the weekend holding her while standing up (the picture above shows how we spent a lot of our time together). Needless to say I did not get any of the housework done that I had planned on doing. Tommy was home so that was a huge help. He also switched his shift at work so he will now be home more often at night to help out. Despite the fussy times during the day she is still sleeping very well at night. She generally only gets up once and that is very early in the morning. Last week I started to add more cloth diapering to our schedule. We are now using cloth full time on the weekends and when she is at home. The only time she has a disposable on is when she is at the sitter's. I talked to her sitter last week about it and she seems on board with the switch. I'm not sure what I'm waiting for. The laundry has not been that bad at all. Tommy even stuffed a load of diapers for me over the weekend!

Wow, I just looked at the time. It's after 9:30 and I need to head to bed. I need my beauty sleep. Ha!

0 comments: