7/24/09

working on a tooth



Tomorrow Lucy will be 11 weeks old. I actually had to just count that up on the calendar because it didn't seem like it could be 11 already. Her most recent development is that she is working on her first tooth! Yep, 2 months old and she is teething. Last weekend she was not herself. I kept telling Tommy that if I didn't know better I would think she was getting a tooth. I didn't think that it could actually be true. She was fussy, drooling A LOT, not wanting to sleep or eat and when she did eat it was for short amount of times. Also, when she eats it started to feel like she has little razor blades in her mouth, yea-ouch. She was born with two little white dots on her lower gum. That is the spot where the tooth seems to be moving. My sister in law was actually the one who felt it and brought it to my attention. Now we are just waiting to see if it actually pokes through or stays like it is for a while. Thank goodness for Aunt Mindi or we would probably still be trying to figure out what is going on with her.

It is just hard to believe that our little girl is already growing up. Almost every day Tommy tells her that she needs to stop growing. I can't wait to see who she becomes but I really want to cherish these cuddly baby moments because I know they will soon be gone.

0 comments: