7/13/09

working for a living



Kimberly took this picture of me and Lucy a couple of weeks ago. I pretty much love it.

I have been back to work for a week now. It was not as horrible as I thought it would be. Lucy adjusted very well and did great at the sitter's. The sitter is pretty much family so that made the transition for me so much easier. I am able to go pick her up on my lunch hour to bring her home to nurse. It cuts my lunch hour way down, but I can't think of a better way to spend it. Actually I wonder what I used to do with all my time!

I think that it helps that I work/live in the same town. She is just a few minutes away if we need each other. :) Our mornings are going fairly well. This morning she wanted to get up around 5am and decided to be extra hungry so I had to nurse her twice before I left for work. That means I'm extra tired tonight and should be sleeping instead of blogging. I just wanted to pop in and say that we are surviving.

Lucy had her 2 month check up on the 10th. She is up to 9lbs 9ozs. The Dr. was happy with her weight gain. She also got her shots that day. I held her and just looked away. She wailed a tiny bit but overall she did very well.

I still need to pump some more tonight to fill up her bottles for tomorrow. Pumping is probably my biggest time issue right now. I feel like my day revolves around feeding my child! I will not give up on nursing though! I'm in it for the long haul. It's what's best for her. My job takes me out of the office a few times a week. I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to pump on the go! It is amazing how much your life changes and you don't even realize it. I would never have imagined that I would be planning my routes based on where I can find a spot to hook myself up to a pump. Ha! Well, I think that is enough booby milk talk for now. Sorry, like I said before, that is pretty much what my day revolves around.

I have some thoughts about being a working mom, but I will save them for another post where I am a little more coherent. I hope everyone is doing well!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the picture, that's precious!! Glad you are breastfeeding too!! You can be like my friend Kristi, she pumps in the car while driving, lol!!