9/28/09

cereal, diapers and mommy


Yesterday was a big day for my little girl, she tried some rice cereal for the first time. She has been very interested in whatever I'm eating or drinking so I decided that she might be letting me know that she is ready to try some "solids". I mixed up a little cereal with some breast milk. It was more milk than anything. The first few bites she was not really sure what she was supposed to do. It didn't take her long to figure things out. She was even grabbing the spoon and pulling it towards her mouth. She has been taking 6 ounces of milk during the day at the sitter's. I have been having a really hard time keeping up with her. I generally have to pump at least one time in the evening to get enough milk for her. It is worth the effort though.

She is now in cloth diapers full time. Honestly it has not been difficult at all for me to transition to the laundry. Tommy has even commented that it isn't that much work and he doesn't know why more people don't use cloth! If I can convince the guy who can't put his socks in the hamper I think that just about anyone can do it. Ha.

We are still having issues with her only wanting me to hold her. She is fine during the day (thank goodness otherwise I would not be able to work) but when she is at home she just wants her momma. She is doing much better with Tommy holding her. Tonight my mom came over for a little while. She was actually able to hold her for a while and even got to give her some cereal. I was so excited for my mom!

There are so many more things I have thought to blog about but I'm way too tired to remember them right now. We had a busy weekend and I'm still trying to catch up.

2 comments:

cressfamily said...

She's growing up so fast. She looks beautiful in her little dress.

Jess said...

Such a cute little dress! Glad to hear that the cloth is working out for you guys. I really admire all of the effort you're putting in to pump for Lucy, too. It's so much harder than nursing, but what a wonderful gift you're giving her!