5/4/09

37 week update

Today we had our 37 week appointment. My blood pressure was fine. My Dr. was not too concerned about the swelling in my feet. She agreed that they were really bad, but as long as my protein levels and BP looked good she said that there is nothing to worry about. She asked if I had headaches or blurred vision. I told her that I have been experiencing some blurry vision lately. With that information she just asked me to have the nurses at work check my BP at least once a day and call her if it gets too high. I'm praying that it stays in the normal range so that she does not see a need to induce me, which she mentioned. Yikes. I'm officially dilated to 1 cm. Baby's head is down and at the zero station. I'm not thinned out yet though. Hopefully next week will show more progress.

Tommy and I went to our childbirth/Lamaze class on Saturday. I guess you could say that we enjoyed our day. It was a long day, especially for Tommy, but I think it was worth it. When we were doing relaxation/breathing exercises (only a small part of the day) we could not look at each other without laughing. I felt like the class clown. We had a nice time being away. We went out to eat and did a tiny amount of shopping. I looked for some shoes to wear. As of right now I only have 1 pair of flip flops that I can even fit my feet into. Yes, I have to wear RED shoes no matter what color of shirt I'm wearing. Oh, well. My feet hurt so bad when we were in the last store that I actually started to cry, right in the middle of Gander Mountain. Talk about embarrassing!

Right now I'm laying on the couch with my compression sock encased feet propped up on a few pillows. I'm doing my very best to drink a ton of water and not do too much. It is oh so hard though when there is so much I want to do before lil dumpling decides to join us. I did my first load of baby clothes yesterday. Until now my mom has been washing everything for me at her house. Yes, I have the best mom ever. Next up to wash is the cloth diapers. We don't plan on using them at first but I want to have them ready to go for when we transition to them. Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow.

I have really enjoyed being pregnant, but I must say that these last few weeks have been less than enjoyable. I think that if I didn't have the extreme swelling to deal with I might not feel that way. It will all be worth it so soon. Meeting the little one squirming around inside my belly is pretty much all I can think about at this point.

0 comments: