1/24/08

sunshine on a cold day

Tommy has never been overly romantic and I've come to be okay with that. He has a hard time surprising me at all. Today he called and said he was leaving work early (he only worked 9 hours instead of his usual 12) so he could put his paycheck in the bank. I told him that I would be out of the office for the afternoon so I would just see him after work.

When I walked in the door I smelled something cooking and that made me smile. I didn't have to cook tonight, yeah! The next thing I noticed was a bouquet of cheery yellow daises on the coffee table with a card. My smile grew a little more. I walked into the kitchen to find my hubby doing the dishes I had left sit. By this time there was no hiding my elation. He's doing dishes. Heck the card would have been enough for me. He did a really good job of making an otherwise cold and icky day a little brighter. I guess maybe he felt I needed a little joy after my emotional breakdown last night. Pregnancy hormones are wonderful...

Inscription in the card from Tommy:
"I thought you would like these because I really love you and you are the most beautiful thing. You will make a good mom."
p.s. Love Tommy

The "ps" made me laugh.

I think he kind of likes me.

0 comments: