1/21/08

Expecting


So, I'm pregnant. I'm still having a hard time believing it. I guess it will seem more real after the first Dr's appointment on Feburary 8th. I took my first home test on the 10th. I had 2 lines. I called my best friend at 6:30 in the morning and said, "I have 2 lines." It was kind of surreal. We had been trying for a few months, but it will still a shock. Tommy was at work so I could not talk to him until he got home that night. I left the test laying out in the bathroom. He walked out with the stick in hand grinning from ear to ear. "Is this 2 lines? Because 2 lines means pregnant," he said. I just smiled and said yes.
Now, I didn't immediately believe that one. Two days later I had another positive test and my basal temperature was still high. I called and made a Dr.'s appointment for the following Monday. The next few days were filled with excitement and anticipation for the confirmation from my family Dr. Monday before work I took yet another test (why waste a trip to the Dr.), positive again. The nurse called me back into an exam room and told me congratulations. So, 4 pregnancy tests later and I am still in shock. We want this don't get me wrong but it is still just amazing. Seriously. I went home, called Kimberly again (my support) then called and made my first appointment with my OB.
The next day at work was so difficult. I work very closely with my co-workers. Each time someone asked me how I'm doing I responded with a polite, "fine" but I wanted to say "I'm 4 weeks pregnant." By Wednesday I called Tommy at lunch and told him that we had to go to my parents that night and tell them. It was seriously making me sick not being able to tell anyone. The evening went well and I felt so much relief afterwards. On the way home I told Tommy that I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I will post another time about telling everyone. There are stories there that deserve a separate post. Now it is out there for the world to know and that is okay with me. Some people wait and that may work for some people, but I am not some people. It was the right time for us to share our news.

3 comments:

kimberly said...

Quote from Juno that I thought of after looking at your little baby ticker thing:

"Yea, if I could just have the thing and give it to you now, I totally would. But I'm guessing it looks probably like a sea monkey right now and we should let it get a little cuter."

Bri said...

Ha! Kimberly, that's awesome... I loved that movie!

Congratulations to you as you begin your family... (I am a friend of Kimberly's - her photography protege!)

Check out my "mommy blog" - www.akagabesmom.blogspot.com

Welcome to the blog world!

Bri (aka Gabes' Mom)

Eunice said...

Congrats!! :) I look forward to reading about your pregnancy adventure.

I too, am a friend of Kimberly's....I guess we should start just calling ourselves F.O.K. for short.