1/3/09

room update






Tommy was right, he did a wonderful job painting the room. He got it done quickly too. It is so nice that it is painted and the crib and furniture are in there. Now I just have some finishing touches like artwork and a rug to find. Oh, and we need to decide on a rocking chair as well. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I love the paint color. Generally I'm not very good at picking out colors. This time I took a piece of the bedding to the paint store and had them match the color. So easy and much less stressful. I bought 2 gallons and we only ended up needing 1. Like I said, I'm not so good at picking out paint. The pictures really do not show the color very well though. My photography skills are not up to par when it comes to capturing indoor shots. So, if you want a better idea of what the room looks like and you live close, or even if you live far away and are up for a road trip, stop on by and check it out. There are also a few more pictures on my Flickr account.
Her room is quickly filling up with clothes. I need to separate them out by size to see what we actually have. I have only bought a few things, the rest is all my mom. Tomorrow my mom and I are going to try to go shopping to check see if we can hit some good sales. I'm hoping to find a few things for myself as well. I'm noticing that some of my pre-pregnancy shirts are not fitting so well. I'm also in need of some "comfy" pants. If you know me well you know that as soon as I walk in the door from work I'm in lounge wear. I must say that my belly is getting bigger even though I'm still pretty much at my pre-pregnancy weight. At least two or three times a day Tommy looks at me and kind of giggles and says, "You have a pregnant belly." That I do. Here is a picture of me at 19 weeks and 5 days.

4 comments:

cressfamily said...

Your room and your belly are beautiful!

kimberly said...

I CANNOT wait to see you and your belly next weekend. Seriously.

Sheri said...

The room looks great, Jess!! Your belly looks very cute too!

Jess said...

Oooh - that bedding is super cute! Where is it from?